Friday, October 3, 2014

Mommy is fed up with the bruises

     As another Mommyism, I have come to realize I must look a wreck to other people. Maybe it is just me or just my body reacting, but does anyone else bruise so easily from everyday care of their kids? 

Sounds ridiculous, I know.

Over the past couple of months, I would get a random bruise and not know how it got there. No I am not a domestic violence victim. Unless you consider me married to my children. I almost started to wonder if it was an illness.  I finally figured out why I was getting these bruises.

My kids.

I would take my younger one who is in the phase of not liking diaper changes and she punches, kicks and rolls so I can't change her. Then there are other times I carry her down the stairs and she drops her book on my leg. You know, the hardcover heavy one. Or the time my older one "accidentally " got me while swishing his Star Wars light saber. And then,  there are the legos.

Yes THOSE. I am going to patent soft top ones one day.

Aaah, just another day of being a parent.

I think it is time for us parents to patent a bruise proof cover on ourselves, maybe with those pvc-free, rubber-soled, non-skid, fireproof foam padding. Then we can all walk around like sumo wrestler  wannabe millionaires!

Till then, good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment